Sunday, December 18, 2011

Australian Birthdays.

Hello again - I think I forgot to say in my last post that I was popping over to Australia for my mum's 70th birthday. Archie and I have just returned after a week's holiday, having left Jonno and Hugo to manage the farm whilst we looked after the birthday girl.
Here are a couple of glimpses from Mum's garden. They have had a bit of rain and it is all looking very lush and green - not quite the norm for this area as they head into summer.

This is my niece wearing her new Christmas present. Crochet garlands are my new addiction I think.

I love going home and finding things I made (even from years ago) still in place. This little dog was made when I first started crocheting, the pattern is from Nikki Trench's 'Super Cute Crochet' and is still a favourite of mine.
Archie loved being with the dogs. I think Bear may have thought that Archie was part golden retriever. Very understandable when you take Archie's golden hair into consideration.
And here is the birthday girl herself, 70 years old and in very good nick, her only concession being that she needs a magnifying glass to distinguish between spoons and forks... oh well (actually, her eyesight is very good - I thought I better add that so she doesn't get cross with me - not that she would - Hi Mum!!!!).
Very hard to say good bye to everyone this time but it is so lovely to be back at home now. I am currently writing this from bed having a Sunday morning lie in. The boys are downstairs watching cartoons and Jonno, not working this morning, is reading the final installment of the Eragon series and will probably not speak to anyone for the rest of the day. There is nothing like a good book is there.
My stomach is beginning to growl so I had better pop downstairs and rustle up some breakfast.
Lots of love,
Kate xxooxxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails